Change Mobile in Aadhaar: Aadhaar Card is supposedly the World’s largest digital identity. It’s nothing but a 12 digit unique number issued by the Unique Identification Authority Of India ( UIDAI ) on account of the citizen’s biometric details such as fingerprint and iris scan. Along with the demographic information like address and Date Of Birth.
After all the hustle and bustle to link Aadhaar card with one’s mobile number. The Supreme Court of India has indefinitely extended the deadline. Letting those who are lagging behind to heave a sigh of relief!
But what is thought to be more pestering is the instant when your mobile number changes or is deactivated. Do you feel like you are doomed as you will have to repeat and go through those tedious and tiresome procedures all over again to update your information? Because not updating your information may leave you in trouble as you fail to retrieve any Aadhaar related verification. Moreover, it is advised to update the information without any delay. As we will be asked to submit Aadhaar to avail subsidies, government welfare schemes, and scholarships.
Well, fret not! Because what you all need is just the internet connection and the knowledge to follow up the procedures given below to update your mobile number. So get ready to update your information as you seat yourself on that cozy couch of yours with a Masala Chai to revive you!!
Change Mobile in Aadhaar Card Via Online
Out of the two obvious ways to update the information, namely online and offline; one could go for the online updation only if we have a prior registered mobile number which is still functional. If that is not the case and you are yet to register or the previous one is deactive, then offline is the only way out!
Follow the step by step procedures given below to Change Mobile in Aadhaar online
- Google ‘ Aadhaar’s self-service update portal’.
- If you find it hard to filter out the official page, then direct yourself to the UIDAI website, click on ‘Aadhaar update request (online) under ‘ Aadhaar update’. Hit ‘Proceed’ on the rightmost corner and it will lead you to the same page as in 1.
- After it is loaded you could see the page that reads ‘Aadhaar’s self-service update portal’.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and text verification number to be filled out in the boxes provided. Then click on
- The OTP will be sent to your previously registered mobile number that is still functional.
- After you are done submitting the OTP, you will be redirected to a new page that request you to update new information.
- You have access to update information like Name, Gender, Gender, Address, Mobile, Email ID. Since we are here to change our mobile number, select ‘Mobile number’ from the ‘Select field(s) to update’ and enter your new mobile in all joy!
- After having entered your mobile number, click on the ‘Submit update Request’.
- This would then lead you to a new page which will display your new number. After verifying that the entered new number is correct, click on the ‘Declaration statement’. Later click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Since we are not asked to submit any proof for mobile number updation, click on ‘Submit’.
- The page will then display the URN number. Be vigilant enough to note it down securely to track the status of your update made.
- Go to the UIDAI Website to track the updation details and hit on the ‘ Check status- Updation did online’ under the ‘Aadhaar update’.
So that’s it! Follow these 12- steps to make all the necessary updation before it’s too late and save yourself from a lot of hassle!!
Also, read How to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN