World’s tallest statue, twice in height as the statue of liberty is what you can see in Gujrat. But who is this? The statue is of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, the great Indian freedom fighter. Since the statue is a great symbol of unity in itself, it names have been kept as the statue of unity. The statue was unveiled by the Prime minister on the 143rd birthday of the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
The manufacturing cost of the statue came in as Rs. 2,989 crore but yes, India came in the sensations worldwide, overnight. So here are some of the facts about the statue and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Statue Of Unity Sardar Patel Keypoints
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel was known as the “Iron Man of the India”, most of the material of the statue is Iron. The Iron in the statue was taken from many places all over the country.
- The statue is so strong that it can withstand the earthquakes and severe winds.
- To see the statue, you would have to book online ticket of Rs. 350, which is starting from November 3.
- The statue has been created by the award-winning sculptor Ram V Suthar. Toubro and Larsen has.
- It took 33 months to create this wonderful piece of art. It took around 3400 laborers and 250 engineers to create such sculpture.
- The height of the statue of unity is 177 feet higher than China’s Spring temple.
- The construction of the monument gave birth to a lot of events. These events included the movement of the local people which made the Indian government allot around 1200 acres of the land. This included about 185 Indian families.
- The local leaders denied any inaugural function for the event. The reason being that they didn’t want to waste any of the natural resources and did a boycott.
- The core of the statue is of concrete. The surface of the statue is of bronze. This bronze is not one single piece but. Moreover, these panels are of Chinese origin. The statue has 553 bronze panels. Each bronze panel has another set of the 10 to 15 panels. These panels are of the Chinese origin.
- The panels are of Chinese Origin. This is the reason that the current government is facing controversy. The opposition argued that the statue would come with a tag of “Made in China.”
- The gallery of the statue is enough to guarantee 200 visitors. Moreover, the gallery provides an amazing view of the Vindhya mountain ranges, Satpura, Sardar Sarovar dam and the reservoir.
This statue is a great symbol of unity. Moreover, the statue is the proof of the art and skill of the Indian talent. The statue is currently the tallest statue of the world which would attract a lot of tourists worldwide. The location of the statue is a perfect blend of the scenic beauty.
Moreover, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel has always been a symbol of the national unity. The statue just not gives us the daily message of unity but is also a great source to remember our greatest freedom fighters of all time.